Seu Sant Gervasi: C/ Ciutat de Balaguer, 17 08022 Barcelona. Tel 93 418 1720
Seu Sant Andreu/sagrera: C/ pare Manyanet, 40 08027 Barcelona. Tel 93 340 5092
Advanced Vocational Training in Fine Arts and Design
Advanced Vocational Training in Fine Arts and Design provides students with the quality education necessary for:
- Attaining the artistic and professional competence pertinent to the given specialization.
- Meeting the demands arising from new technology.
- Gaining knowledge on the organization and characteristics of the corresponding art sector, labor legislation and mechanisms for job placement.
- Attaining the knowledge and skills necessary for working under safe conditions and preventing work-related risks.
- Fostering the creativity inherent to any artistic or design activity, and which is the main factor in appreciating and evaluating artworks.
- Acquiring research and investigation skills in the different art fields.
Duration and Structure
Advanced Vocational Training programs in Fine Arts and Design are organized according to professional group and their duration depends on each cycle. The curriculum includes theoretical and practical education at ESDA Llotja, a practical training stage at companies, studios or workshops, and a final project.
Theoretical and practical learning is organized according to three different types of modules: theoretical, practical and combined theoretical and practical.
Admission to Advanced Vocational Training in Fine Arts and Design
The conditions for admission and enrolment are usually established by the Catalan Government’s Department of Education during the first three months of the year for the Fine Arts and Design Study Programs. The stipulations are published as a resolution in the Official Gazette of the Government of Catalonia (Diari Oficial de la Generalitat de Catalunya – DOGC.
The Vocational Training programs in Fine Arts and Design include a practical training stage at a company, studio or workshop that can consist of:
- An internship at a public or private organization.
- Carrying out practical work under academic guidance integrated into the curriculum of the given program being studied, which can be done at the School.
This work can form part of the final project, if applicable, though it does not substitute the final project per se, which will still have to be carried out.
- Activities within the framework of national or international exchanges.
The aims of the Practical Training Stage are to:
- Complement the knowledge, skills and know-how gained through the modules of the specific program being studied.
- Contribute to the students’ attaining the goals established for each internship, in particular those of providing students with qualification and a comprehension of labor relations.
- Evaluate the most relevant aspects of professional competence acquired by the students.
The curriculum of each vocational training program shall determine the characteristics of the final project that students will have to complete once they have successfully completed the corresponding modules required for graduating.
The final project is a global piece that integrates the different techniques and know-how learnt in the studies program. It demonstrates mastery of the knowledge, processes and techniques required for exercising a profession in the given specialization.
Students will be given orientation by ESDA Llotja faculty as well as by professionals from outside the School.
Students shall be evaluated on a continuous basis and with reference to the modules, the practical training stage and the final project.
At the final evaluation session, the evaluation committee shall analyze the students’ degree of learning, considering the educational objectives and the evaluation criteria established in the curriculum, and shall evaluate students for their work in each module, in the practical training stage and in the final project, as well as for their academic maturity with relation to the objectives of the given vocational training program.
The certificate of courses completed in a vocational training program will indicate the qualifications the student obtained for the modules comprising it, as well as for the practical training stage and the final project.
Students receiving passing qualifications for the modules, practical training stage and final project shall receive a Certificate of Advanced Vocational Training in Fine Arts and Design corresponding to the specific program studied.
Evaluation of the Practical Training Stage
Evaluation of the practical training stage will be based on the reports submitted by the company tutor from the company or organization where the practical training was effected. Should the practical training stage consist of carrying out work under academic guidance integrated into the curriculum of the specific training program, or should it consist of activities carried out on national or international exchange, evaluation will be the responsibility of the practical training or internship tutor.
Evaluation of the Final Project
The final project shall be evaluated by the project tutor, who will be a Llotja faculty member, and may also be evaluated by a specialized professional and a representative of cultural or artistic organizations or institutions as well, without their participation involving any sort of employment or administrative link with the School.
Successful completion of an advanced vocational training program in Fine Arts and Design will entitle the graduate to a Certificate of Advanced Vocational Training in Fine Arts and Design in the corresponding specialization and professional group.
This certificate will allow direct access to specific programs of higher education.
Extraordinary distribution of upper cycles - 3 x 2